ReCharge Message: I'm A Whosoever!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  

~John 3:16

I have a t-shirt that says "I'm a whosoever!"  I saw that on a bumper sticker years ago, and I'd have to admit, I didn't get it at first.  I didn't make that connection to John 3:16.  

Billy Graham said that John 3:16 was at the heart of the gospel message.  Whenever he tested a microphone before going on television, he'd recite John 3:16.  When somebody finally asked him why he did that, he said, "Because that way, if I am not able to communicate the gospel clearly during the interview at least the cameraman will have heard it."

And what does it mean to believe?

When we say we believe in Christ, it means we believe not only in the fact that he lived, but in the fact that He STILL lives.  We have trust in Him--complete confidence in Him.  We rely on Him.  That everything He says is true, and that everything I have known in this life and everything that is to come after death is fully dependent on my belief in Him.

This verse gives us peace.  It reminds us that no matter how bad a sinner we've been, Jesus paid the price for our sins on the cross.  When we believe in Jesus, we are at peace with God.  

As it says in a popular hymn, "Jesus paid it all.  All to Him I owe.  Sin had left a crimson stain.  He washed it white as snow."  

(This is an excerpt of the Wednesday Night ReCharge message delivered 5/18/2022 at Muncie Baptist Church)

~Todd E. Creason

Comments