Being Put To The Test

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

~1 Peter 5:7

When I preached my message last Sunday, I told a story that illustrates the difference between saying we believe something and actually believing something.  I found myself in a situation two weeks ago, where I was right in the middle of a sermon about trusting in God, when I had to do just that.  When I flipped the page on my I-Pad, I discovered the last three pages of my sermon notes were missing.  And I depend on my notes a great deal--I'm meticulous about preparation!  I had to wing it.  Trusting that God would give me the words.  And He did.  But what a test that was!

There's a big difference between believing something, and being put to the test on that belief.  Just ask Peter.

Every once in awhile, we will find ourselves tested on what we believe.  And what Peter was hitting on in this verse is really key in making through those tests.

Knowing that God cares for us.  God loves us!  Knowing that He is with us no matter what we're going through is so important to our faith.  Knowing He is only a prayer away.  Knowing that we are never alone no matter what we're facing.  It is so important to remember that.

Look at challenges in your life as tests, and God uses test to make us stronger in our faith.  As it says in James 1: 2-4  "2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." 

~Todd E. Creason 

Comments