Finding The Gold

"Love covers a multitude of sins." 

~1 Peter 4:8

We have a choice when it comes to how we interact with other people.  We can either look for their faults, or we can look for their strengths.  We can either dig dirt, or search for gold.

It's always been an adage that the first impression is the most important.  I've learned from experience that's not necessarily true.  Too often we make snap judgements about people the minute we meet them, and it's not THEM that made the bad impression it was YOU that made a quick judgement.  It takes time and effort to get to know somebody well. 

Some of the best friends I have in my life were people that when I first met them, I wasn't overly fond of.  Over time, I discovered my first impression of that person was completely wrong. 

Try to see people the way the Lord sees them.  Get over that "I'm a good judge of character" thing I hear so often.  Give people a chance. Be generous.  Be kind. God made us all, and in each, He gave something unique.  Look for it!

~Todd E. Creason

Comments