Shake Things Up Once In Awhile!

It's easy to fall into a rut.  Working from home, it's even easier to fall into a rut--sometimes I'm not even sure what day it is.  Last week when I thought it was Wednesday and it was actually Thursday!  That was kind of nice, because I was a little further through the work week than I thought I was.  

My wife said instead of just going right into my office and starting in the morning (sometimes two hours or more early) I should try shaking things up a little bit--maybe go out for coffee. What great advice! I've been having a blast! My mask in hand, I've been hitting a different coffee spot every morning!

And I've had some really exceptional coffee this week.  I've even tried some different varieties (which isn't really like me at all)!  On Monday, I started taking a picture of my daily selection and posting it on social media and I've been getting all kinds of great suggestions from my friends of where I should go next!  I may hit a spot tomorrow that was recommended that I've never been to before--looks like the same thing on Thursday and Friday.  I had no idea there were so many great places to get coffee within 15 or 20 minutes of my house.  

It doesn't take very much to get yourself out of a rut. Something as insignificant as going out for coffee can change your whole day.  This has been a pretty good week for me!  By the time I sit down at my desk in the morning to get to work, I've already had an adventure, met some new people, and enjoyed a new experience!  And I've even learned that even though I'm a dark roast kind of coffee drinker, there's a couple light roasts I've tried this week that I'll be drinking again!

So get out of your rut!  Explore a local park!  Try a different restaurant!  Read a book that doesn't fall into your usual pattern!  Listen to a different radio station!   Bring your neighbor a donut!  Maybe leave a comment on a blog you've been enjoying?  There's all kind of little things you can do to make your day more memorable, and maybe expand your world a little bit. 

~TEC

What do you think?  Leave a comment or email me at webmaster@toddcreason.org 


Comments