Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Book News: Midnight Freemasons Book Taking Shape

Todd E. Creason and Gregory J. Knott authoring a new book that includes contributions from the Midnight Freemasons
I thought I'd give you a little update on the book project. It's really taking shape. I have put together a terrific mix of some of my favorite pieces, along with some new material as well. Greg Knott (Senior Contributor of the Midnight Freemasons) is co-authoring the book, and is providing photographs throughout from his impressive collection. The book will be printed in full-color as I said before. 

In addition, a few (maybe all) of the Midnight Freemasons are contributing their favorite pieces: Managing Editor Robert Johnson, Bill Hosler, Brian Schimian, Darin Lahners, Aaron Gardner. Just to name a few. And a couple of them are writing pieces just for the book! So I'm very pleased how it's coming together. 

What I'm hoping for is a book that's entertaining to read, and can also be used for Lodge education presentations. I've kept that in mind as I've selected the material for the book. With Greg Knott's photographs, I'm also hoping the book will be fun to browse like a coffee table book as well--Greg has put together many, many great photos with interesting captions and even short stories about where they were taken and what they depict. Also, I'm going to be tossing a few interesting notes in there along the way about the Midnight Freemasons blog--how we got started, some fun behind-the-scenes anecdotes, and maybe even tell a few stories about some of the adventures we've been on together. 

I don't have a title for the book yet so it remains "the book project" for now. Greg and I were bouncing a few possible titles back and forth over the weekend as we were busy cleaning our Lodge--so far, all the proposed titles stink. 

I'm sure we'll come up with something--I just don't think "The Book Project" is a title that will sell.

~Todd E. Creason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...