Thursday, February 23, 2017

Rejected From The Celestial Lodge???

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated . . .
The Lodge I joined twelve years ago has a long standing reputation of having a great deal of fun at our meetings and events--and there are times when practical jokes are a big part of that.  And sometimes those jokes can be a little obnoxious.  Like when I took a trip to Washington D.C. recently. 

I've probably not missed more than a half dozen meetings since I joined.  As the Secretary for the past seven years, I'm always there.  But the dates of my trip made it necessary for me to miss our February meeting.  Apparently, me missing a meeting is such a rare thing to occur, that the members of the Lodge assumed the worse had happened.  I was apparently declared dead, and my photo was draped!  I got word of my departure from the mortal world while I was in D.C.  I'd imagine I'm the only Mason in history to have their petition for the Celestial Lodge black balled---because I'm still breathing!

Yeah, that didn't happen either . . .
Of course I don't think anybody at my Lodge actually believed I was dead--they volunteered me for several committees and a few work details since I wasn't there to decline.  Of course I don't think they really believed that President Trump declared February 10th a "National Day of Mourning" in my memory either. 

Sometimes you just have to acknowledge it when somebody gets you good.  And that was a good one.  Nicely played . . . but we're not done here.  I know who masterminded this prank.  I can see your reflections in the glass! 

~Todd E. Creason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...