Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Knot Head: The Trinity

The Trinity Knot--
I get comments regularly about my knots.  I actually wrote a whole series on these unique knots back in 2014.  I got bored when we were snowed in a couple years ago and took some time to teach myself a few of them.  Here's the knot I wear more often than not (knot?).  It's called the trinity knot, and it's not too difficult once you've done it a few times.  There are links in the article below that will take you to the whole series . . . the Eldridge Knot, the Van Wijk, and even the classic Full and Half Windsor--with illustrations and instructions on how to tie them.  Enjoy!

This is a very sharp-looking knot. It is actually a lot easier than the Eldredge knot from last week, but for some reason, I had a tough time finally getting it.  But it's worth the effort.  It's a great looking, and very unique knot. It's also a smaller knot, so you may be able to use it with a button down Oxford collar in a more casual work setting. 
Not the best photo, but I got it finally . . .
This knot would probably work best with a solid tie if you really want the knot to be noticed, but I think it looks great with my red tie, which has a small, consistent pattern throughout.  And of course, the example at the top actually used a plaid--I think that looks great, too.  As with any of these, it's really up to personal taste. I even saw a few examples using a striped tie.  They managed to get the stripe in the knot to come together in the center in a pinwheel pattern.  That seems like it would take a lot of trial and error to accomplish, but give it a try if you like.  That might require a little more effort than I'm willing to give.


This is a much easier knot to tie, so if you mastered the Eldredge last week, you should have no trouble with this one.  Likewise, if you crash and burned on the Eldredge, you may have better success here.

This is the second installment of the Knot Head series--you can read them all here.

~TEC

Todd E. Creason is an author and novelist whose work includes the award-winning non-fiction historical series Famous American Freemasons and the novels One Last Shot (2011) and A Shot After Midnight (2012). He's currently working on the third novel Shot to Hell which will be released in Spring 2014. You can contact Todd E. Creason at: webmaster@toddcreason.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...