Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Not Ready For The Bunker Yet

I have an acquaintance that worries about me a great deal.  I'm not preparing for doomsday.  I don't have emergency food and water stockpiled.  I haven't begun to squirrel away rifles and ammunition--well, not in preparation for doomsday.  I haven't turned my yard into a garden so I can grow my own food. 

A lot of people are doing this, convinced that there's either an environmental crisis coming, a government take-over, or anarchy, or dogs and cats living together in peace and harmony . . . alien invasion?  Rise of the machines?  I don't know . . . use your imagination.  When the end comes, I'm going to be one of those people totally unprepared to survive in that Terminator/Mad Max world that's looming just over the horizon--according to them.

So be it.  I'm fine with that.  To be honest, I don't believe it's going to happen in my lifetime.  Since the beginning of time, there have been those that believe the end is near.  I just don't buy it.  I view the world in a very different way from doomsday preppers.  They've given up on the idea we can still make the world a better place to live in.  I still see it that way.  If you go back in history, this is hardly the worst of times we've seen in recorded history.  Things have been a lot worse than they are right now and the human race has come back from it.  There's still a lot of good in the world if you take the time to look for it.  I'd rather be a person that's working to make the world a better place than somebody that is preparing for the end of times.

Because to be perfectly honest--the post-apocalyptic world is not a world I want to live in.  My Wi-Fi went out for four hours over the weekend, and I felt like I was back in the Dark Ages.  I'd never make it. 

~Todd E. Creason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...