Thursday, February 11, 2016

Living Happy #2: Find God

"He who trusts in his riches will fall, but those who are right with God will grow like a green leaf."

~Proverbs 11:28 NLV

I think I just heard a collective "ugggh" when people read the title of this installment--but it's true.  I don't want to preach to you, but of all the things I'm going to talk about in this series, I believe this is absolutely key.  It's certainly been key to my own happiness.

I believe people are born with a God-shaped hole in them, and until they explore the spiritual side of their nature, they'll never be truly happy.  We are made for a purpose, and when you are unable to embrace the idea that you're part of a larger picture, and part of a larger plan there's always going to be something missing in your life.  People have a tendency to try and fill that missing void with all kinds of things that never bring them happiness--money, houses, cars, entertainment, booze, sex, etc.  But when you find God (in whatever form that might be for you), you never walk alone.

I'm a believer.  I didn't come from a church going family, but I discovered church when I was in grade school thanks to a good friend of mine and his family.  Being a frequent overnight guest on Saturday nights, I started attending church with them on Sunday mornings.  Later, when I became old enough to drive, I started taking myself to the same church--in fact, it was my friend's father who baptized me there one Sunday morning.  There was a time when I rarely missed church, but I'm not as good about attending now.  However, I've been a regular Bible reader since the beginning of my life as a Christian.  Everything I know about being happy, and living a full and meaningful life is contained within the pages of the Holy Bible--it's all there!  That remarkable Book and my beliefs have played a critical role in my life, in my understanding of the world around me, in how I've conducted myself (or tried anyway), and in the tremendous happiness I've enjoyed throughout my life. 

Human beings are spiritual creatures, and until you explore the spiritual side of your nature you may never be able to embrace the fullness that life has to offer.  In order to find true happiness, you have to feed your soul.

~Todd E. Creason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...