Tuesday, October 13, 2015

If You Believe It You Will Receive It


I've always believed that whatever you can think in your mind you can hold in your hand--I could give you a hundred personal examples.  That there are no limits to what one person is capable of doing.  People will often say I've been very lucky, but I disagree.  I believe I'm fortunate in the decisions I've made, I've worked hard, and I'm grateful for the things I've received. But lucky?  No.  You make your own luck.  You get what you give.  And the secret lies in how we view the world.

So many people are desperate to find happiness.  It's actually not that hard.  Do you know who finds happiness?  Those who focus on making others happy first.  That's what's hard for some people.  Giving first.  We live in a society of me, me, me, and it's hard for many of us to give to others.  We want somebody to make us happy, and fail to see happiness is reciprocal. 

As a matter of fact, everything works that way.

If you want money, then be generous with what you have.  If you want fame, then pay attention to other people.  Think of yourself as a magnet--one that attracts exactly what you broadcast.  If you look for it, you'll see examples of how this works. 

You ever wake up on the wrong side of the bed?  You get up in the bad mood, and it just continues to get worse and worse as the day goes on.  By lunchtime, you've got a dark cloud hanging over your head--right?  Sure you've experienced that--we all have.  Because you've tuned your mind wrong that day, and you're getting back exactly what you're putting out, and the more negative your mood, the more you find to be pissed off about. 

I've lived my life by these rules for a long time, and it works.  It's not some new age concept--I'm a Christian, and I don't think my beliefs conflict in any way with this idea.  As a matter of fact, you'll find examples of this idea all over the Bible.  2 Corinthians 9:6 says, "And as to this, he that sows sparingly will also reap sparingly; and he that sows bountifully will also reap bountifully."  And of course Mathew 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

So if you're not happy with what your receiving, then spend some time thinking about what you're broadcasting.  That's where the true power lies.

~TEC

Todd E. Creason is an author and novelist whose work includes the award-winning non-fiction historical series Famous American Freemasons and the novels One Last Shot (2011) and A Shot After Midnight (2012). He's currently working on the third novel Shot to Hell which will be released in Spring 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...