Thursday, October 1, 2015

Freemason Wisdom: Henry Ford On Attitude

"If you think you can do a thing, or think you can't do a thing--you're right!"

~Henry Ford
Palestine Lodge No. 357
Detroit, Michigan

Sometimes I have to remind myself of this wisdom.  I've been going through some challenging times myself just lately.  I look at all the things I have to do, and the limited time and resources I have to accomplish it all, and feel I'm destined to fail miserably.

Been here before.  A little self-doubt at times is natural--it means we're getting out of our comfort zone, and that's a good thing.  But then I remember that very often the only difference between success and failure is our belief in our own abilities.  The more positive our attitude is toward a project we're working on, the more time and effort we typically put into it.  And more often than not, those insurmountable obstacles we fretted over aren't so insurmountable after all.

Get your head around it, roll up your sleeves and dive into it.  It won't be long before that challenge is well behind you, and you're stronger and wiser for having overcoming it.

Just remember that if you can believe it, you can achieve it.

~Todd E. Creason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...