Tuesday, August 4, 2015

New Beginnings

I woke up about 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.  I finally just got up, got a cup of coffee and went out on the patio and watched the sun rise.  I have a tendency at times to worry about details--those little things in life that don't matter that much in the big picture, that I have little control of, and that usually work themselves out one way or another without me having to do much at all.  I think a lot of people do that, and what happens is they get mired down in the details, and they fail to see that big picture. 

Sometimes I get so mired down in fretting over the details I fail to accomplish anything at all.  I get overwhelmed.  John Wayne said, "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." 

Every day gives us a chance at a new beginning--to learn something from yesterday and do things today a little differently.  We all have a chance every day to start over.  Begin again fresh.  So much of that depends on what we're focusing on.  Are we focusing on the things we can't control, or are we focused on the areas we can change?  Are we focusing on the things that make us happy, or fretting over the things that make us miserable?  And most importantly, what can you do today--right now--to begin again?

~Todd E. Creason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...