Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Masonic Week 2015: A Recap

Midnight Freemasons Greg Knott, Jason Richards, and Todd E. Creason
Wow did that trip go fast.  We hit the ground running on Thursday.  Within an hour of hitting the ground in Washington D.C. Greg Knott and I were watching the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery.  We walked around the cemetery for a long time, finding the graves of famous American Freemasons.  Then it was off the House of the Temple--of course it was great fun to find my books on the shelves of the House of the Temple Library.  Then there was the George Washington Masonic Memorial, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Monument, the Vietnam Wall, the Korean War Memorial, the Holocaust Museum . . . and on, and on, and on, and on.
The House of the Temple was overwhelming.  One of the most remarkable places I've ever seen.
Masonic Week was a great source of inspiration for me.  I'll have things to write about for months.  I saw some great speakers on some extremely relevant topics, and nearly every night, we sat up late talking about all things Masonic with the Masonic Society members, writers, researchers, scholars, current and past Grand Masters, etc. 

And there they are--my books in the House of the Temple Library.
I met a few of my favorite writers while I was there as well--Arturo DeHoyas, S. Brent Morris, Thomas Jackson, and Michael Hallaren just to name a few.  And, of course, the Midnight Freemasons blog was a frequent topic of conversation.  We're doing a lot of things right, and apparently our work on that blog has caught the eye of a great many nationwide--and we were well represented there.  Greg Knott, Jason Richards and I were in attendance. 

But of course, all good things must end--until next year.  As much fun as attending was, it's always good to get back home again.

~Todd E. Creason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...