Friday, September 5, 2014

Sexism?

Disgraceful: No strategy on ISIS because they're in a war with . . . Bill O'Reilly?
“I think that when the anchor of a leading cable news show uses quite frankly sexist, personally offensive language that I actually don’t think they would ever use about a man, against the person that shares this podium with me, I think I have an obligation and I think it’s important to step up and say that’s not OK.”  ~Marie Harf about Bill O'Reilly's remarks about Jen Psaki

That was the reaction from State Department Spokesperson Marie Harf about remarks Bill O'Reilly made on The O'Reilly Factor the evening before.  However, here's what Bill actually said:

“With all due respect…that woman looks way out of her depth over there,” he said of Psaki. “It just doesn’t look like she has the gravitas for that job.”  ~Bill O'Reilly
I'm sorry, where's the sexism at?  He's got a very long history of saying the exact same thing about other public figures both men and women!  Must everyone who points out the patently obvious be accused of being a sexist, or a racist by this administration?

You sure don't get this kind of clarity when you ask them about subjects that actually matter--like Syria, ISIS, Russia and the Ukraine, Israel.   

~TEC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...