Thursday, July 17, 2014

Overall Etiquette: A Follow-Up Question

There are always going to be additional questions about such a complicated subject
I recieved this email from one of my readers in regards to the piece I wrote last week Proper Etiquette When Wearing Overalls, and thought I'd share it with you.  There is obviously still a lot of confusion on a few points about overall etiquette, and the question about how women should wear their overalls came up a lot.  Here's a clarification.

Dear Todd,
 
I really enjoyed your piece about overall etiquette. It's about time somebody shed some light on this little understood subject. However, my wife took issue with one of your rules on proper wear of overalls. You said that women do not have to wear shirts under their overalls.  She doesn't believe that, and I was hoping you could provide some additional evidence that this is indeed correct.  I would prefer photographic or video evidence, HD if available, and I prefer women with dark hair. 

I'd also like to know how you feel about women wearing cut-off overalls.  If you could find a few pictures of women wearing cut-off overalls (for research purposes), it would be greatly appreciated. 

And thank you so much for your groundbreaking writing on this little known subject.  ~M. B.

Dear M. B.,
 
As you can see, it is indeed appropriate for women to wear overalls without shirts underneath. In fact, it should be considered the only proper way. Sorry I couldn't find any HD photos that were safe for work, but I'd be happy to send you a link to an online gallery--must be 18 to enter. 

If you're wife is concerned she isn't wearing them correctly, she is more than welcome to send me a few photographs, and I'd be happy to examine them and advise her about what I think. 

I haven't really considered the topic of cut-off overalls.  Perhaps your wife could cut hers off for the aforementioned photos (perhaps while she's washing the car?) and I could consider the subject and render a verdict on whether that's appropriate or not. 

Let me know if you have any other questions.  ~TEC

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how many times I have read this post before I realized the girl was holding a paint brush!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...