Friday, September 20, 2013

Midnight Freemasons News!

As most of the readers here know, my blog used to be called "The Midnight Freemason" because I did so much of my writing late at night.  It was my personal blog, and I wrote primarily on the topic of Freemasonry.  Then about two years ago, I decided I wanted to add a few more voices to the mix, and turned it into a contributor site.  I recruited a few of my friends and acquaintances to become writers--that was when "The Midnight Freemasons" (plural) was born. 

The Midnight Freemasons (we've added a couple to this group recently)
But the Midnight Freemasons got to be a lot of work--too much for me to do and write books and novels.  I thought about just ending it.  That's when Robert Johnson stepped up just over a year ago and took it over as Managing Editor.  We moved the Midnight Freemasons to midnightfreemason.blogspot.com and our dedicated team of writers began posting on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 

Since then, the Midnight Freemasons readership has grown by leaps and bounds.  It never ceases to amaze me where our material pops up--one of our pieces was translated and reposted in France!  The Midnight Freemasons is even mirrored on the members-only Freemason Network sponsored by the Supreme Council 33rd Degree, Southern Jurisdiction.  And Robert has continued to recruit new "Midnight Freemasons" as we've gone along.

September Cover features story by Midnight Freemasons contributor Steve Harrison
And this week, another huge leap forward.  The "Midnight Freemasons" have partnered with The Working Tools Masonic Magazine and will be featured writers, providing two or three articles each month in that publication.  That's a great compliment to the quality of the content these writers are producing, and the tireless efforts of our Managing Editor Robert Johnson.  And as if that weren't exciting enough, I've been asked to contribute to the Living Stones Masonic Magazine--my first piece in that magazine will be in their October issue, and we'll see where it goes from there.  Both of these magazines are fantastic, and we're all looking forward to continuing to write about something we're passionate about--Freemasonry.

Be sure and check the October issue for Todd E. Creason's first piece in this publication!
You just never know what's going to happen until you try it.  I certainly never thought the Midnight Freemasons would become this big a deal.  It's been fun watching it grow, and reading some of the perspectives our team brings to the table.  I've been reading about Freemasonry for years, and follow many Freemasonry blogs and websites, and in all of Freemasonry, I don't think anything quite like the Midnight Freemasons exists anywhere else--it's something new and fresh. 

And the nice thing for me is, I have numerous places to publish my Masonic pieces now, and I can write about whatever I want to on here--that's likely to be an eclectic mix of material.  Of course I've no doubt Freemasonry will still be a frequent topic on here, too . . . So it's the best of both worlds for me.

~TEC

Todd E. Creason is an author and novelist whose work includes the award-winning non-fiction historical series Famous American Freemasons and the novels One Last Shot (2011) and A Shot After Midnight (2012). He's currently working on the third novel Shot to Hell which will be released in Spring 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...