Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Being A Part Of What's Right With The World


I have an acquaintance that worries about me a great deal.  I'm not preparing for doomsday.  I don't have emergency food and water stockpiled.  I haven't begun to squirrel away rifles and ammunition.  I haven't turned my yard into a garden so I can grow my own food.  A lot of people are doing this, convinced that there's either an environmental crisis coming, a government take-over, or anarchy, or dogs and cats living together in peace and harmony . . . alien invasion?  Rise of the machines?  I don't know . . . use your imagination.  When the end comes, I'm going to be one of those people totally unprepared to survive in that Terminator/Mad Max world that's looming just over the horizon.

So be it.  I'm fine with that.  To be honest, I don't believe it's going to happen in my lifetime.  Since the beginning of time, there have been those that believe the end is near.  I just don't buy it.

I view the world in a very different way from doomsday preppers.  I don't see the world as a lost cause, and it's time to begin preparing for what comes next.  There's a lot of good in the world if you take the time to look for it.  I'd rather be a person that's working to make the world a better place than somebody that is preparing for the end of times.

Because to be perfectly honest--the post-apocalyptic world is not a world I want to live in.  My Wi-Fi went out for four hours over the weekend, and I felt like we were back in the Dark Ages.  I'd never make it. 

~TEC

Todd E. Creason is an author and novelist whose work includes the award-winning non-fiction historical series Famous American Freemasons and the novels One Last Shot (2011) and A Shot After Midnight (2012). He's currently working on the third novel Shot to Hell which will be released in Spring 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...