Thursday, September 5, 2013

And Now For Something Totally Different . . .


I mentioned during a recent interview with Bro. Robert Johnson on his Whence Came You? podcast, that I was planning some changes for this blog.  Actually, what I'm doing is reclaiming it as my own.

Since 2007, I've written primarily on the topic of Freemasonry.  That's because when my first book Famous American Freemasons came out, people began to associate me with that topic, and I began writing on that topic almost exclusively.  And my readers started seeing this as a Masonic blog.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the topic, but there are other topics I want to write about as well, and every time I've tried to branch out in the past, I always get the same response--"What's that got to do with Freemasonry?"  I really wanted to get back to writing on a broader range of topics.

So nearly two years ago, I started working towards this goal.  I put together a team of writers--the Midnight Freemasons.  I spun them out, and now Bro. Robert Johnson serves as the Managing Editor for that blog.  I continue to be a regular contributor to the Midnight Freemasons along with eight other contributors.  In just over a year, that blog has become a sensation!  It's more successful as a contributor blog than it ever was when it was just me writing--that pleases me to no end.

But the best part is that now I'm free to write about whatever it is I want to write about again on here. I have a feeling things are about to get very interesting, so hang on--we're about to change direction. 

~TEC

Todd E. Creason is an author and novelist whose work includes the award-winning non-fiction historical series Famous American Freemasons and the novels One Last Shot (2011) and A Shot After Midnight (2012). He's currently working on the third novel Shot to Hell which will be released in Spring 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...