Saturday, August 10, 2013

Michael Shirley's Book: Meditations for Servant Leaders

As you know, every once in awhile I review a really good book I've read--and this is a really good book. And it was written by a good friend of mine, Brother Michael Shirley. My readers might recognize that name. He is a Midnight Freemason--one of the original contributors to the Midnight Freemasons blog. And Michael and I have written a couple articles together. He shared his idea for this book with me a couple years ago. I thought it was an excellent idea. I've always been a fan of the daily devotional format, and his idea of putting one together on the topic of leadership was a really great idea.

I'd almost forgotten about it, and out of the blue a few weeks ago, Michael sent me a copy of Daily Influences: Meditations for Servant Leaders. 365 daily lessons on leadership. I spent a week with it. It's extraordinarily well done. Each day the lesson opens with a great quote that sets the tone for the topic of the day, and then Michael expands on the topic in a short paragraph--these little paragraphs really make you think. The thing I like most, is each day, the lesson ends with an action idea. A suggestion about how you can apply that particular principle to your life that day.

So be sure and check it out.

~TEC

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...