Friday, May 10, 2013

This Is Only A Test

I don't know if they still do those. I remember watching TV as a kid and every so often the TV would go dead and the announcer would say "this is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System! This is only a test. If this were a real emergency..." I still hear that on the radio every once in awhile--perhaps I'm the only one left that still likes to listen to real radio.

Perhaps those tests went out with television going off the air after midnight. "This concludes this broadcast day until 5 am tomorrow morning.". The flag came up waving in the wind as the Marine Corps Band played the National Anthem and then that tone that ran for five straight hours. Dooooooo.... Wish I had a dollar for every time I woke up and walked to the TV (pre-remote) and turned off the television and went to bed.

This serves the same purpose as those tests. This is my first "remote blog." The first blog I didn't didn't do chained to my desk in the man cave, or from my Secretary desk at my lodge. I'm riding in my wife's car on the way to dinner with my new iPad. I like it a lot. I'm seriously thinking about writing my next novel on this. There's an app for that kind of writing--we'll see. So this is a test to see if Blogsy works. And if it looks right when it posts to Blogger.

I hope it does. It means I could write when an idea strikes me instead of trying to recapture the moment hours later. It means I could write on my lunch hour from under a tree. I've tried that with a laptop and it just doesn't work that well. It means I could "write" using my voice instead of banging away at a keyboard like I've been doing for the last twenty five years. I've always been a Microsoft user, and it pains me to admit that Apple is actually better at creative work. I've known that since I got my iPhone last year. Most of the pictures I use I've taken and then enhanced with my phone.

So I'll leave you with at least one thing that isn't garbage. I believe it was a famous Freemason that said that minds are changed by observation rather than argument. It was Will Rogers. I'd look up the actual quote if I weren't so anxious to try out Angry Birds Star Wars Edition on the big screen. He was a member of Claremore Lodge in Oklahoma--I'm sure somebody will correct me when (not if) I'm wrong, but the number 53 sticks with me. Am I right? Is it Claremore No. 53?

~TEC

Todd E. Creason is an author and novelist whose work includes the award-winning non-fiction historical series Famous American Freemasons and the novels One Last Shot (2011) and A Shot After Midnight (2012). He's currently working on the third novel expected to be released in 2014. All of Todd E. Creason's books are sold at major online booksellers likeAmazon.com and Barnes & Noble and are available for both Nook and Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...