Sunday, May 19, 2013

Knocking On The Door

 
I heard three knocks on the Temple door,
and then it was opened wide:
I felt the grip of a Masons hand,
as I slowly passed inside.
 
I was lowered down on bended knees,
as a prayer was said for me:
And I was helped to pass around,
for the Brethren all to see.

And all to me was black as night,
as my leader took me round:
And my racing heart, I heard more clear,
than the solemn organ’s sound.

My faltering footsteps here and there,
were halted on the way;
And several questions were put to me,
as I struggled not to sway.

With my right hand resting on the ‘law’,
I took my obligation;
I swore I’d be a Mason true,
at my Initiation.

I shall not tell more what I saw,
or what to me was spoken;
But I saw the sign and heard the word,
and I felt the Mason’s token.

I’ll tell you this, that I heard a charge,
which I later learnt by heart;
and it told me all that a man should do,
as a Mason from the start.

It matters not if you pass the Chair,
or reach the highest station;
The best event of a Mason’s life,
is his initiation.
 
~Author Unknown
 
 
I saw this posted on the Eastern Illinois Freemasonry blog and thought it was worth sharing.
 
~TEC
 
Todd E. Creason is an author and novelist whose work includes the award-winning non-fiction historical series Famous American Freemasons and the novels One Last Shot (2011) and A Shot After Midnight (2012). He's currently working on the third novel expected to be released in 2014. All of Todd E. Creason's books are sold at major online booksellers like Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble and are available for both Nook and Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...