Thursday, April 4, 2013

Remodeling The Blog Is About Done!


There are still a few finishing touches left on the newly remodeled blog, like a new banner, but the refit is just about done, and the relaunch could happen any day.  I thought the project would take a couple weeks, and it was finished in a couple days.

As I said previously, this blog is going back to being an author blog instead of a Freemasonry themed blog.  I still plan on writing pieces on the subject of Masonry, but you'll find those on the Midnight Freemasons blog where I'm a contributor (and I'll still be writing articles for a few Masonic magazines as well).

So I've gotten a ton of emails in the last couple days wondering what the heck I'm doing--thanks for your concern, but everything is just fine.  And no, I didn't get expelled from Masonry--that was the rumor, and I think I know who started it.  And to answer another question, no Masons don't generally get expelled for just being a jackass.  Until being a jackass becomes a felony, I should be safe--thank you again very much.  I'm still "Secretary-for-Life" in my lodge, still a member of the Scottish Rite, still in the York Rite, still in the Allied Masonic Degrees, and the Shrine.  The list goes on.  Nothing has changed in my position in the Fraternity or my attitude toward it.  I'm just trying something different.

As you probably know, a couple years ago I published a novel One Last Shot, and last year, I published a second one, A Shot After Midnight.  They don't have anything to do with Masonry, although there are a few references to it in the first novel, and a Masonic Lodge serves as a backdrop in a few scenes in the second.  They've both done well, and I'm currently working on a third--again, Masonry is in the background, but they aren't about Masonry.  And there's the problem I've been having.  Every time over the last couple years I've written about something that isn't about Masonry, I get a ton of emails saying what's that got to do with Masonry? or is this an appropriate topic for a Masonic blog? 

So I've been planning an exit strategy for about six months now, and I'm finally making my escape.  About six months ago, I spun out The Midnight Freemason blog to it's own place, and turned it into a contributor blog.  It's now the Midnight Freemasons blog, and it's doing very well.  S.K. Robert Johnson, my friend and Brother has done a marvelous job at building a tremendous readership.  Robert is a very talented man.  He's not only done a fine job of taking over the Midnight Freemasons blog for me, but he produces a weekly Masonic podcast called Whence Came You?  I'm a big fan of the podcast, in fact, it's how Robert and I became acquainted--he shared one of my pieces he found here on his podcast.

And the Midnight Freemasons, only a few of which are professional writers, have done a terrific job in providing interesting and engaging content.  And since I'm still a contributor, I still have a place for my pieces on the topic of Freemasonry--and I'm sure that topic will still be prevalent on here too (it remains an important part of my life).

So where am I going from here?  Well, it's time to lighten things up a little, and have some fun.  I'm going to be sharing some humor, some inspirational stories, and I get a lot of questions and phone calls about writing--so I'm going to write some pieces about that, too.  Over time, I'll figure out what works and what doesn't work.

Again, I'd like to thank all the regular readers over the years.  I've enjoyed this blog a great deal, but it was time for a change.  I hope you'll stick around for the next chapter in the evolution.  And for those of you that are interested primarily in what I had to write about Freemasonry, do check out the Midnight Freemasons.

~TEC 

Todd E. Creason is an author and novelist whose work includes the award-winning non-fiction historical series Famous American Freemasons and the novels One Last Shot (2011) and A Shot After Midnight (2012). He's currently working on the third novel expected to be released in 2014. All of Todd E. Creason's books are sold at major online booksellers like Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble and are available for both Nook and Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...