Thursday, April 25, 2013

Is Barack Obama A Freemason?

Barack Obama: 44th President
Back on November 10th, 2011, I posted an article called Barack Obama: Freemason Or Not?  It was part of the Freemason Or Not? series that I still do every so often.  That post about President Obama, without a doubt, is one of the most popular posts I've ever done on my blog.  It's been viewed thousands and thousands of times and I still get emails on it at least once a week.  Those emails are usually to tell me that I'm completely wrong, and that Barack Obama is a Freemason. I thought I'd revisit the subject.

President Obama is not a Freemason.  As I said in the first piece, I wish he was--I'd be the first in line to profile him for the final volume of the Famous Freemasons series.  But he is not a member of our Fraternity.  I'm not going to go back over all the facts I laid out in the original piece--you can follow the link and read the original.  I'm just going to hit the high points.

1.) No Grand Lodge in any state has come forward with a claim that President Obama is a Freemason.  If he were, you can bet they wouldn't be shy about saying so.  I've been researching famous Freemasons for years, and finding out if somebody was a member of our Fraternity is pretty easy.  Regardless of what Masonic conspiracy theorists will tell you, membership is not a secret.

2.)  Nobody has ever provided me with any evidence President Obama is a Mason.  I've had hundreds of emails on this subject, and more than once, by Masons that claim they were there when he was raised a Master Mason.  They can not, or will not tell me where this happened, and what lodge he belonged to.  So to be honest, I simply don't believe them.  You'll notice in my books, and in my blogs that whenever I talk about a famous Freemason, somewhere in that piece I'll post his lodge number.  That's common.  It doesn't matter if we're talking about a Mason that lived 200 hundred years ago or today, every Freemason has a lodge.  It's where he joined.

3.)  There are no photographs of President Obama wearing a Masonic ring, or in a Lodge, or wearing Masonic regalia.  I went over the ring thing in detail in the original piece.  The photo that appeared in a Time magazine piece was taken for the piece--that is a Freemason ring, but those are not the hands of the President. 

4.) President Obama has never claimed he is a Freemason.

Claims that President Obama is a Freemason go back to 2007 when an anonymous poster claimed to have sat with Barack Obama in open lodge on the conspiracy website abovetopsecret.com.  And it was repeated, and repeated, and repeated.  Believe it or not--sometimes what you read on the internet isn't true!  You have to consider the source.

There's no reason to keep his membership a secret--it is well known that fourteen United States Presidents have been Freemasons.  The evidence has not come forward that President Obama is a Freemason for one very good reason.

President Obama is not a Freemason.

~TEC

Todd E. Creason is an author and novelist whose work includes the award-winning non-fiction historical series Famous American Freemasons and the novels One Last Shot (2011) and A Shot After Midnight (2012). He's currently working on the third novel expected to be released in 2014. All of Todd E. Creason's books are sold at major online booksellers like Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble and are available for both Nook and Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...