Thursday, February 7, 2013

UPDATE: Did Mercedes-Benz Apologize?


I posted a story earlier today Mercedes-Benz, The Devil, and Freemasonry.  It was about the Super Bowl ad that some in the Fraternity took offense to, and my opinion that a few had made a mountain out of molehill.  My opinion on that hasn't changed.

It's being reported in numerous places that Mercedes-Benz has issued an apology to Freemasons and are going to fix the ad before airing it again--like here.  And people keep emailing me to tell me I should update my story with news of this official apology.  I'd be happy to do that, but I have a little problem with the story.

The problem is, I can't find any confirmation in regular news feeds. And I can't find the press release.  There's nothing on the Mercedes-Benz website, from the advertising agency, nothing on the Facebook pages.  I don't know where this came from, so I'm a little suspicious of it. 

Retracting a Super Bowl ad would be a big story if true, and since this apology was first reported yesterday afternoon, it seems glaringly absence from legitimate news sources.  

So I'm not buying it yet.  But I've been wrong before.  If it turns out to be true, I'll certainly let you know.

~TEC 

1 comment:

  1. Todd, I agree that the apology story appears to be a hoax. The commercial is still running intact on Mercedes website.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...