Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Author News: New "Twin Rivers" Novel In The Works

It's gotten awfully quiet in Twin Rivers, Illinois since 2012's release of A Shot After Midnight . . .

Usually, about this time of year, I'm announcing the release of a new book.  However, with the release of my last book (Spring 2012) I decided to take a little time off. Most people didn't believe me at the time--I've tried it before.  It doesn't usually work out very well because invariably something comes along and inspires me, and I'm off writing again.  But I actually did take nearly a year off from writing.  There really is no book to be released this spring. 

1st novel "One Last Shot" (2011)
However, over the holidays, I got back to work. That's why I haven't posted much lately.  I've launched into a new project. I'm working on the final novel in the Twin Rivers trilogy.  So if you haven't read the first two, this would be a good opportunity to do so.  The first novel is One Last Shot and the second novel is A Shot After Midnight.  And they are both available on Nook and Kindle as well.  I'll post a few samples over the next couple weeks--give you a little taste of both of the novels.

Now I wrote the first two novels so they could be enjoyed independently--you don't have to read the first one to enjoy the second one.  They are self-contained stories.  However, if you plan to read the third one, you should definitely read the first two novels.  I'm going to write that third one as if you have, and you may be lost in a few places if you aren't familiar with some of the past history.

2nd novel "A Shot After Midnight (2012)
Let me clear up one thing about the term "trilogy" I've been using for so long.  That term may be a little misleading in this case.  When I wrote the first novel One Last Shot I knew there was a much longer story I wanted to tell, and I knew it would probably take two novels to lay enough foundation down to tell that larger story. So even before I knew for sure there was going to be a second novel, I began planting the seeds of that final story, and I continued it in the second novel.  This third novel will finish the story I set out to tell from the beginning--but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the last Twin Rivers novel.

To be honest with you, I like the little world of Twin Rivers I've created over the last few years, and I like a lot of the characters (the ones I don't like usually don't make it to the end of the book). I may continue writing stories with Levi and Tori as the main characters, or I might let Chief Billings take the lead in one.  Who knows?  But I'm pretty sure that as long as you want to continue reading about the people and the odd goings-on in the strange little Midwestern town of Twin Rivers, Illinois, I'll be more than happy to continue telling the stories.

~TEC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...