Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Beautiful Example Of Masonic Art

I've talked about Masonic collectors before--many of us are.  And all of those that collect have a favorite piece.  Very often it's something that has a deep personal meaning, like a ring or a lapel pin that belonged to a friend or a family member.  Most of my favorite items fall into that category.

And this is without doubt one of my favorite pieces.  It's a beautiful old ceramic piece in the shape of a Past Master's emblem.  It's in almost perfect condition, and I like it for several reasons. 

It's beautiful to look at, it's unique, and my Father found it somewhere in his travels, and gave it to me for my birthday a few years ago.  I've seen a few similar, but not one exactly like it.

I keep it on my desk, and it's nice to look at while I'm writing.  I find that very often when I'm stuck on one of my writing projects (and that happens every so often), that piece is very useful.  More often than not, I find great inspiration within that symbol. 

It could be because of the booze within that symbol.

And I know somebody will ask me, so I'll save you the trouble.  I have no idea how old it is, but the bottom of the decanter reads "Mike Wayne Distilling Company.  Masonic Order Limited Edition Decanter."  And that's all I really know about it--if you know something more about it, please share.

~TEC


P.S. I was just kidding about the booze--there's actually nothing in that whiskey decanter but dust.  I've always preferred beer.  That's apple juice in the glass. 

1 comment:

  1. I have one just like it. I'm trying to find the value of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...